Thanksgiving food is not complete without side dishes. Some of the side dishes that are associated with thanksgiving food are:
Marshmallows and Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet potato casserole is one of the best side dishes in thanksgiving food. It is the best vegetable on the thanksgiving dinner table and when you add marshmallows on it, it takes it to an entirely different level.
These are the ingredients that will make a great marshmallows and sweet potato casserole.
- Always use brown sugar.
- It would be best to just roast the sweet potatoes and see the amazing difference in taste.
- Mix all items like sugar, eggs, butter, salt and for some flavor, Add some vanilla.
- Now add marshmallows on the top and bake.
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degree and bake until it is cooked.
- It will take almost 30 minutes. And when its golden, take out and enjoy.
Stuffing El Clásico
There are few things that you can ignore at thanksgiving food, Stuffing is not one of them. Thanksgiving food is incomplete without stuffing. Now for the question, what is so special about stuffing? Stuffing is a very simple mix of different herbs and onions.
There are two ways to go about it. One is that as the name suggests you can stuff the stuffing in the turkey. Second option which is my personal favorite is cooking it in another dish for baking.
Now for the part where we make this amazing dish. Just sauté some onions and celery in lots of butter and add beaten eggs, chicken broth and your dried bread. Then just bake. Some tips for great stuffing are as follows:
- Dry your own bread if you want the best taste for your stuffing.
- If you don’t have eggs that’s alright. They are not necessary.
- Secret about the bread. There is no secret and use any kind of bread but for the best taste use white bread.
- You can add dry herbs if fresh herbs are not available.
Mashed Potatoes Balls Fried
The best possible use of some leftover mashed potatoes is fried mashed potato balls. Now to make leftover mashed potatoes into the fried balls you need thinly sliced chicken, leftover mashed potatoes, garlic powder, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, bread crumbs. Follow this and enjoy:
- Mix thinly sliced chicken, mashed potatoes, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Make small balls, dip them in eggs and bread crumbs.
- Fry you mashed potato balls for 2 to minutes in vegetable oil.
- Drain oil season with salt and enjoy.
- Best temperature for frying is 375 degrees.
If you liked this blog kindly share and watch more blogs click here.
Want To Know about the main dishes of Thanksgiving Food click here.
And Read our take on ‘The Kind of Men women choose to marry’ here.
For more funny superstitions, watch this video here.